Monday, November 22, 2010

My Newest Big Bang

A few weeks ago I stumbled into a Sydney AD to have a look at a few watches as I was feeling I needed something new. Amongst the Hublots there was a Luna Rossa. This piece has been there for a while and only in Australia would one find one as everywhere else this is a hot watch that has been sold out long ago.

I never appreciated the subtle yet commanding styling of this watch until taking a closer look. One should not expect anything less from a powerful collaboration between Hublot and Prada.

The Luna Rossa was issued in a numbered limited edition of 1000 watches. The design is extreme, distinguished, refined and exclusive. Constructed using advanced technology materials (carbon, Kevlar, titanium, ceramics and rubber), which makes its genetic code the same as that of the America Class yacht, it bears the signature Luna Rossa on the famous red line drawn on its carbon case, as well as inside the natural rubber strap.

I also love the baton style markers which have now been adopted in the Big Bang Evolution range. It has the same elements of the monochrome All Black versions (black ceramic case, brushed black bezel, smooth strap)....but the dial just grabs you attention with its carbon fiber and red accents. I suspect that the carbon fiber dial is exclusive to this watch.

As you can see there have been a number of celebratory drinks after my purchase.


This is a very striking and wearable Hublot (ceramic case and bezel). IMHO it has the best rubber strap which from reading an old TZ post by JCB was designed by Mr. Berteli, the owner of Prada.

Since I bought the Luna Rossa home, most of my other watches have been having a holiday.

No comments: