Sunday, March 23, 2014

Big Bang Unico: Why I had to have it!

I've been collecting Hublot's since 2007 when I first set eyes on the original Big Bang and to this day it lives up to its name in so many ways. I've owned many variants including Big Bang Steel, Gold, Tantalum and Luna Rossa. Then tried the All Black Classic Fusion. The next big step was the All Black King Power Unico. I loved the movement but felt it was just too big for me. My prayers were answered when Hublot announced the Big Bang Unico.

I was lucky to see the Big Bang Unico prototypes at a HK function last year and while I respected the new design I just wasn't sure. Upon reflection the design was perfect it was just that my state of mind was still set in the past. A brand that has 'Fusion' as it's philosophy will test even its strongest devotee's at times. Two weeks ago my AD had the Titanium Big Bang Unico and I was very impressed, yes those round pushers make sense, the polished and matt titanium contrast on the case is amazing. 


The depth of the dial will keep my interest. This is indeed a big positive step for Hublot. 


Yesterday the sunny Sydney weather was perfect, so after having a wonderful breakfast, we went to buy it. It has been a while since I have been this excited about a watch!

As the Hublot story continues to gather momentum, I look forward to more novelties over many years to come.

No comments: