Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Omega Boutique opening

Thought I should update my blog as it has been a little while since I have.
I was invited to the launch of Sydney's Omega boutique in June. Here are a few shots of the guest of honour Cindy Crawford, that I was able to take on my mobile. Wasn't able to get too close unfortunately.






I have a link to the Omega events page, for the the Sydney opening, in my "favourite links" to the left.

Then in August I attended an Omega GTG at the boutique. Here is what Sam a fellow watch enthusiast had to write about the night and photos that he took of the night.

2007 Omega GTG Sydney
This year's gtg took on a slightly different format. But before I get ahead of myself, let me back track a little. As with last year's gtg, I again hoped to have Omega's team involved and that they could show the collectors the new range of watches from Basel. But because the Omega boutique was scheduled to open around the same time as when I was hoping to have the GTG, I've then had to postpone it till August. Which basically meant that many of the collectors would have already seen the latest offerings from the Basel show. Nevertheless, there are still collectors who have yet to see any of the new stuff with their own eyes, and so it is still quite a good eye opener. What started out as an intimate affair between collectors and ogling of each others' watches, became a full scale event as guests of Omega. Of course, there was still the ogling of watches, except this time it was Omega's collection, and quite a big one at that.


It was extremely generous of Omega to offer the boutique for the GTG, and even more generous of them to offer catering as well as a huge variety of drinks of both the alcoholic and non-alcoholic variety.
From a humble beginning of around 15 people at last year's GTG, this year's event saw a good 40-50 people altogether, many of whom were newbies (at least to Omega/WIS gatherings) and we also managed to score a couple of Paneristis over! Many of the Omega sales team were also present, mingling, chatting, showing watches and so forth. Both the boutique manager and the Omega brand manager gave speeches and talked to the collectors. Watchmakers were also present to talk more technical... errr... talks.
We marvelled at the finishing of the cal 8500/8501, amazed at the heft of the solid gold 45.5mm Planet ocean on bracelet, gasped at the intricate movement and craftsmanship of the limited edition split second chronograph pocket watch, (a steal at $113k AUD or there abouts...) and enjoyed the thoroughly ambrosian hor's doeuvres.





This was another great night of watch appreciation.


Thanks for having a look and catch you soon

No comments: