Monday, February 4, 2008

Sydney, Australia hit by Big Bang!!!!!

We’ll it was just a matter of time, however this purchase consideration took longer than usual, as I’m getting tired of buying a watch only to seek the next conquest a few months later. As such I have adopted a more systematic approach to selecting a worthy candidate.

Mission
To buy a watch that is fun, ultra-modern and a watch that I would feel comfortable wearing on a daily basis as opposed to spending its life on my wrist at home or in my watch winder.

The setting
Given all the buoyancy in the watch industry to the point that classic ‘market bubble’ symptoms and behaviours are now firmly entrenched, I have so far chosen the recluse of the original independents such as Patek Philippe and vintage Rolex. I’m first to admit that it has been a rewarding and costly exercise going through about six brands and over 11 watches in 18 months.

So why Hublot??
The electric energy of Mr Biver is infectious. Whilst this has a strong initial attraction in the buzz that it creates, it can fade just as quickly. Despite only taking delivery of the watch earlier this week, the personality of the Big Bang has been singing to me over a number of months now. Big, bold, revolutionary and rebellious are all characteristics that appeal to me. The complexity of the case, material used, fuses magically with the robustness and dependability of the 7750 Valjoux ebauche.
Another key aspect as to the appeal of Hublot is that the management are very close to the customer, more so than any other brand. This is a rarity that I wanted to experience firsthand. If you ‘talk the talk you have to walk the walk’ an adage that Mr Biver and his team at Hublot has been successful in delivering.
Finally practicality, as I have a plate in my left wrist courtesy of my motorbike hobby (i.e. Ducatista), metal bracelets are something I tend to shy away from. I find the tyre-tread rubber strap incredibly comfortable, especially in the hot Australian summer which ravages leather\croc straps.


Which version did I choose?
The Rose Gold BB has its instant appeal as it remains the original look in my mind. I was nearly seduced by the industrial undertones of the Tantalum Matt Bang. Love the Ice Bang and Black Magic, but not as the first purchase.

Ultimately the daily wearer requirement made me settle on a Stainless Steel Big Bang. I love the contrast of this beauty. It has been on my wrist since the first day of purchase.

Now I’m am a true Hublotista!

Here are some pics!











Thanks for having a look!! Catch you again soon.

Rene

No comments: