Monday, July 13, 2009

Finally got a Big Bang

Gee that was quick, but it should come to no surprise. Once you are bitten by the Hublot bug (for me it is for the second time) it is hard to resist. So lets step back for a moment. I only got my All Black Classic Fusion about 3 weeks ago. This watch is the perfect daily wearer. Smart and elegant it arouses a great deal of curiosity from the casual onlooker. Based on the number of complements, the magnetisim of the Classic Fusion line should not be underestimated by Hublot. Imagine adding a tourbillion and\or other complications into the Classic Fusion line.

The joys that I have been experiencing with the All Black have intensified my desire to get a Big Bang to complete my Hublot collection. I have been procrastinating on this point for months now, as I want this one to be a keeper. The initial thought was to get the original Rose Gold Big Bang with ceramic bezel. To the purists this must be the ultimate Hublot. However, the Big Bang line has evolved and the selection is overwhelming. I have also been privileged to see the Magnesium Bang with the Hublonium in-house movement. This would have been a nice addition, however I do prefer some more heft in my watches.

When I posted the picture of the Lockheed SR-71 a few weeks ago, the concept of ‘luxurious stealth’ spoke to me and it is my Hublot collection theme going forward. Personally I believe that the idea of understated luxury is also an interesting element of the Hublot Fusion concept. Searching the world for a used Big Bang All Black came to mind but I wanted more variety in my collection.

May I present the unveiling of my latest Hublot.


You will have to scroll down a bit further.

Here it is, the perfect complement, a Big Bang Tantalum Mat. This watch spoke to me in the first instance. I love the contrast of the dial and the heft. The fact that Tantalum is a noble metal also adds to its appeal. I have gold, platinum already and this is just so different.

I also like the tactile dimension of this watch. Running your fingertips through the micro blasted surface presents a remarkable sensation


In closing, I consider myself privileged to be back in the Hublot family. Hublot watches personify dreams and aspirations, which in the current economic climate could be considered a luxury.

No comments: